Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Coming Soon: The Virginia Avenue Community Garden

This past weekend, I had the honor of meeting the great folks of the Virginia Avenue Community Garden in SE D.C. I am in the process of writing something a bit more substantial about them, their gorgeous garden, and their campaign to save it from development, but for now you get pictures.

I wish these were scratch-n-sniff photos - and that your monitor was a scratch-n-sniff monitor - because HOT DAMN the garden smelled good. It was like walking into a giant lasagna, only without the pasta and marinara. Basil, thyme, rosemary, dill. I wanted to roll in the dirt like a labrador retriever.

The only thing the garden needs is an ice cream plant. A chocolate one. Or Rocky Road! Yeah, a Rocky Road ice cream plant. But until such a thing as an ice cream plant is invented, I'll settle for some tomatoes. And plums. And raspberries. And apples. And cantalope. And pumpkins. And corn.

No comments:

Post a Comment